Clean & Safe Protocol
The hotel supplies information on the following throughout the grounds and main building:
- How to comply with basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the coronavirus outbreak, COVID-19;
- What our internal protocol is in relation to the COVID-19, coronavirus outbreak
Training of Hotel Employees
The Solar Alvura hotel provides training and information to all staff in relation to:
- How to comply with the basic precautions for infection prevention and control – which includes hand hygiene, wearing masks and social etiquette.
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever and other symptoms.
- How to comply with the guidelines of the General Health Directive for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
The Hotel Will Make Available
- Personal protective equipment in sufficient numbers for all employees
- Personal protective equipment available to customers should the need arise (maximum capacity of the establishment)
- Stock of single-use cleaning materials sufficient to requirements and area, including single-use disinfectant cleaning wipes.
- Bleach and alcohol at 70%
- Dispensers of at least 70% alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near the entry / exit points, and whenever applicable throughout the hotel and grounds, by floor, at the entrance to the restaurant, bar and common sanitary facilities.
- Waste container with non-manual openings and plastic bags.
- An area of isolation for employees and guests that have been detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19. This area will have natural ventilation, or a mechanical ventilation system, have smooth and washable coverings, a bathroom, a stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothes collection bags, a supply kit with water and some non-perishable foods.
- Sanitary facilities and equipment for washing hands with liquid soap and paper towels;
The Hotel Ensures
- Washing and disinfection of surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring control and prevention of the virus.
- Cleaning of surfaces and objects of common use, several times a day including counters, light and elevator switches, door handles, cabinet handles.
- Preference should be given to wet cleaning, over dry cleaning and using a vacuum cleaner.
- Regular air renewal of rooms and closed spaces.
- The disinfection of the swimming pool or other equipment in the SPA and wellness areas.
- In the areas of the restaurant and other areas where food and drink arei consumed , the reinforcement of the hygiene of utensils, equipment and surfaces and the direct handling of food by customers and employees is avoided as much as possible.
The Cleaning and Hygiene Protocol Guarantees
- The definition of specific care for changing bed linen and cleaning in the rooms, with adequate protection according to the internal protocol.
- The removal of bed linen and towels without shaking, rolling it from the inside out, without touching the body and then transporting it directly to the washing machine.
- Separate washing, in the washing machine and at high temperature, of employees’ uniforms, bed linen and towels (around 60ºC);
Our Operation Ensures
- That there is always a collaborator on standby responsible for triggering the procedures in the case of a suspected infection.
- The decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection and reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of being infected.
- The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag that, after being closed (eg with a clamp), must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.